Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
May 1, 2018 6:00 PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM at the Oak Lake Community Center in the park.
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney. Jeff Marano Broward County PBA. No members of the public present.
2) Discussed security options. Broward County PBA attended. Jeff Marano came in as a representative. He has roots in Hollywood. Went over the positives for having a off duty police officer. Rates would be time and a half due to the fact we are a city entity. $35 at time and a half. $52.50. But may not be at that rate for young officers.
3) Approval of the minutes – March 6th and March 13th minutes. Sandra made a motion. Charles second. Approved unanimously.
4) Insurance update – Charles discussed the application. Motion by Sandra and seconded by Keith to have Charles Flaxman to seek and bind insurance up to the budgeted limit of $3500. Approved unanimously.
5) Welcomed package reviewed and discussed. Sandra made a motion, Charles second to have Rob Posner hire Ocean Printing for up to $3,000. Approved unanimously. Motion to have Andy by Sandra, seconded by Charles to get a phone number that forwards voicemail to email address [email protected] approved unanimously.
6) Budget Discussion – Reviewing schedule for budgets. Sept 12th Wednesday will be our meeting. And September 26th meetings. Ads need to be run on time.
7) Form 1 done by all.
8) Guard company – Motion by Charles, Rob seconded to have Keith engage Sig 9 and get the contracts to review to begin the process.
9) Public Comments – No public comment.
10) New business. Agenda for next meeting. Complete slides and bring to next meeting.
11) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM.