Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
May 29, 2018 6:00 PM-8:00PM
Driftwood Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM at the Driftwood Community Center in the park.
1. ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney. No members of the public present.
2. Approval of the minutes – May 1st minutes. Sandra made a motion. Charles second. Approved unanimously.
3. Insurance update – Charles discussed the quote. Premiums under $5000. Need to put in application. Charles will complete. Not sure we can get insurance if the Hollywood Police are contracted.
4. Discussion of feedback from welcome package. Mostly great questions of prorations, when the security will start, etc.
5. Treasures report – 120 paid so far. Will start paying bills. Need to have someone else on the account. Rob will work to be a signatory. Talked about second billing. Andy will handle second billing and talk with Jack at the State to check on financial reporting for 17-18.
6. Discussed security options. Discussed Broward County PBA situation. It is extremely complicated. Motion for Sandra to advise the commission to our issues with PBA negotiations. Charles made the motion, Keith seconded, carried unanimously. Motion to have Charles represent board to work with city attorney to discuss a possible amendment to the ordinance. Rob made the motion, Keith second. Unanimous. After deliberations, we will not move forward with attending the next commission meeting and seek an amendment.
7. Guard company – Motion by Andy, Rob seconded to have Charles and Keith work with Karen to finalize the Sig 9 contract. Sandra made a motion, Charles second to engage Sig 9 on finalized contract.
8. Creation of website – Sandra will handle the website creation and launch. Motion Rob seconded by Andy. Unanimous. Sandra to engage with web developers and has authorization for up to $3000 in expenditures.
9. Public Comments – No public comment.
10. New business. Agenda for next meeting, Charlie will handle locations for next meetings and moving forward.
11. Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 8:11 PM.