Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
September 12, 2018 6:00PM-8:00PM
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 PM
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Charles Flaxman- on the phone
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney.
There are members of the public present.
2) Defer the approval of minutes till next meeting.
3) Adoption of resolutions
Posner read Resolution No 18-04
Lenore Chucla – asked about the 10K for attorneys and other misc. Asked about the police rate. Posner explained.
Lisa Hannah – asked about expense and revenues.
Carla Rosalas – asked about starting this now and paying for the whole year.
Lloyd Edelstein – Spoke about the police detail and the rates. Also spoke about going back to the commission.
Barry Kaplan asks some general questions as well about the security companies we considered.
Veszi Einhorn made a motion to accept the resolution. Cagnetta Second. Unanimous yes vote.
Posner read Resolution No 18-05 Veszi Einhorn made a motion to accept the resolution. Cagnetta Second. Unanimous yes vote. No public comment.
4) Insurance Update- Flaxman – Good to go on the insurance. Received certificate from the city.
5) Communication – Form 1 must be sent out. Welcome letter and invoices should go out.
6) Discussion of the Patrol – Discussed tracking the phone. Feedback was that officer safety would be compromised. Keith will investigate the issue on how best to work with the patrol.
7) Website Discussion –Ehsed.com
8) Public Comments – Want to have more notification.
9) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 7:55PM. Next meeting September 26th Wednesday Oak Lake Community Center.