Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
August 7, 2018 6:00PM-8:00PM
Driftwood Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM at the Driftwood Community Center.
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney. Jim Fondo, Steve Cady Sig 9. Eleanor Sobel a member of the public resent.
2) Approval of the minutes – So moved.
3) Insurance update – Charles discussed policy. Need eventual security company.
4) Communication to community from Sig 9. Reviewed letter. Will get finalized and eventually sent. We will discuss the startup process.
5) Finance – 314.5 people paid of 510. $78,625. $9,000 donation. $87,625 donated. About $16k of expenses. $71,574.53 balance.
6) Discussed security company implementation. PBA was invited. Did not show up. HPD has not ever shown up to discuss operations and how they would work in the district. Officer Solowsky estimated the rate would be a low of $40 to $65 per hour depending on who took the shift. An average of $52/hr. Discussed issues of the PBA. Motion by Posner, second by Flaxman was made to suspend the contract with Sig 9. 4 For, 1 Nay. Motion Posner, second by Flaxman was made to commence services with HPD. Kotrady will handle. 4 For, 1 Nay. Cagnetta will get phone when needed.
7) Welcomed package revisited and discussed and now will be reworked.
8) Website Discussion – Sandra handling the launch. Will have a public and private user login. Should be up and running by the end of next week. Ehsed.com
9) Public Comments – No public comment at the end.
10) New business. Agenda for next meeting is September 4th. Budget meeting September 12th. September 26th second budget meeting.
11) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM.