Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
January 9, 2018 6:00 PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM at the Oak Lake Community Center
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Charles Flaxman – by phone.
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney, Jamie Cole, Attorney, George Hendrix of Allied Universal
2) Approval of the minutes – Andrew Cagnetta makes a motion, Sandra Veszi Einhorn second. Approved unanimously.
3) Kotrady – Security Options Spoke to Hollywood, AlliedUniversal, ProSecure, Cambridge Security
a) George Hendrix/Allied Universal- Gave proposal and presentation. $25.18/Hr pays $15/Hr for armed (G licensed)
b) Barbara Gutierrez/Pro-Secur $26.95/Hr pays $18/Hr (G licensed as well) also gave a proposal and presentation.
c) Cambridge was unavailable. Submitted proposal. $28/Hr pay rate $18-$19 Hr
d) Hollywood PD $35/Hr was Carol Solowsky was unavailable.
4) Update in Onboarding Progress and Billing – Karen Lieberman – Need to have a meeting ASAP. Needs to be a special meeting. Advertise in newspaper, Andy Cagnetta will help coordinate. Special meeting will be held February 21, 2018. Location to be determined.
5) Update of finance/accounting, budget & State Registration – Andy Cagnetta – We have been successfully registered with the State. Having an issue determining source of documents for bank. Spoke with Shawn Burgess to help get an EIN number. Discussion about donating excess funds from EH Billing. Also spoke about the mechanism for sending a bill for 2018. Andy will continue to work to get bank account. Sandra will contact city to determine how to use the City Seal on a bill.
6) Communications – Rob Posner discussed communication packet to go out. Letter to be drafted. Also discussed how best to communicate going forward. Maybe social media page.
7) Update on Insurance – Sandra Veszi Einhorn – Still working on quotes. Talked about D&O insurance. Waiting to hear back from Brown & Brown.
8) Form 1 – Robert & Keith submitted. Sandra, Charlie & Andy to complete.
9) Public Comments – No public comment.
10) No new business.
11) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM.