Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
January 7, 2020 6:00PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Andrew Cagnetta (by phone)
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney
Officer Yaz Martinez, Hollywood Police Department
Report by Officer Martinez, new detail officer.
Current coverage: Core hours are Monday – Friday 8am-4pm, with 8am-1pm having good coverage, while having difficulty getting 1pm-3pm coverage. We have a Saturday shift budgeted, but have trouble getting officers to cover it.
Crime Statistics: In the West Hollywood area, during the past two weeks, there where 27 vehicle and 7 home burglaries, while in the EHSED there was only 1 vehicle and no home burglaries. Officer Martinez attributes this to the enhanced security measures.
2) Minutes from December 3, 2019 meeting presented. Motion to approve by Sandra Veszi Einhorn, second by David Rubin. Approved unanimously.
3) Communication process: Website up and running. Postcard to homeowners regarding website will be sent within the next few days.
4) Form 1 Confirmation of Submittal – Nothing discussed
5) Budget: Nothing discussed.
6) Discussion of patrol: Core hours, overall improvement in coverage, though gaps still exist based on availability of HPD officers (see #1, Officer Martinez report).
7) Website update: Robert Posner will confirm that the email address listed on the site is forwarded appropriately.
8) Accounting and Finance: Andy Cagnetta advised that due to the way in which tax income is booked there was an increase in income of $112,000 in the past month. He cautioned that while the EHSED has $180,000 on account, this will need to fund operations for the entire year.
9) Additional security measures: Not discussed
10) New business: The board is set to discuss extending the EHSED at the City of Hollywood Commission meeting in March.
11) Motion to adjourn Sandra Veszi Einhorn, second by David Rubin
Next Board meeting Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 6:00pm at Oak Lake
Meeting adjourned at 7:10pm