Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
February 5, 2019 6:00PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Andy Cagnetta was absent
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney
There were no members of the public present.
2) Motion of minutes of January 8, 2019, approved. (Sandra Einhorn motion to approve, 2nd by Keith Kotrady )
3) Insurance Update- Flaxman – We agreed to remove this item from agenda. Insurance is in place. Policies and certificate of insurance provided to all members and Karen Lieberman.
4) Communications– Website is up and running per Sandra. Going forward, Charles will upload meeting notices, agenda and minutes. Andy will upload all of the past minutes. Discussed quarterly postcards to keep residents informed.
5) Budget and Financials- In Andy’s absence, Karen Lieberman distributed to the Board members the District’s current Profit and Loss Statement and advised that there was currently about $151,000 in the account.
6) Discussion of the Patrol – Plan to implement tag readers was tabled and we agreed that hours of the patrol would remain as is or increased as the budget permits. We also agreed to explore putting signs at all of the entrances to the District. The cell phone issue will be resolved shortly so residents can reach the patrol officer. A voice mail will be implemented stating that phone will not be answered during non-patrol hours. Rob Posner to meet with Chief to establish working relationship.
7) Security equipment – We spoke by phone to a representative of a company which provides tag readers and got details about the cost and operational details. Advised him we would revisit this when the time was right.
8) Unanimous approval of Resolution No. 19-01 authorizing delinquent payments to be included on tax bill. (Sandra Einhorn motion, 2nd by Charles Flaxman)
9) Rob Posner motion to assign Keith Kotrady to investigate installing signs. Charles Flaxman 2nd. Unanimously approved.
10) Sandra Einhorn motion to assign Rob Posner to speak to Officer Gomez regarding additional patrols. 2nd by Keith
Kotrady. Unanimous approval.
11) Motion to appoint Sandra Einhorn to speak to clerk to discuss term limits and which members have a 2 year term and which have a 3 year term. Approved unanimously.
12) We have hired Charles A. Krblich, PA per proposal from last meeting . In the process of setting up financial software and eventual reporting is in process.
13) No public present
13) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 7:00 7:45 PM. Next meeting February March 5th, Tuesday, Oak Lake Community Center.