Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
February 4, 2020 6:00PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Robert Posner (by phone)
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney.
Members of public: None
2) Minutes from December 3, 2019 meeting presented. Motion to approve by Einhorn, Second Cagnetta. Approved unanimously.
3) Communication process: Rob Posner met with Commissioner Hernandez. He is proponent of EHSED. May be open to 10-year sunset of ordinance. Discussed license plate readers and using private security if HPD cannot fulfill patrol hours. No meeting scheduled yet with Commissioner Collari. Sandra Einhorn will reach out to Commissioners Collar Hernandez and Shuham. Charles Flaxman met with Commissioner Sherwood and she was open to 10-year sunset. Sandra moved to request city to amend ordinance to delete sunset provision and motion was approved by unanimous consent. Rob will contact Commissioner Blattner to get amendment of ordinance on agenda.
4) Form 1- Members reminded to keep current
5) Budget: Majority of the money has been collected per Andy Cagnetta
6) Discussion of patrol: Discussed challenges of HPD meeting patrol requirements.
7) Website update: Charles Flaxman working on uploading minutes and agendas from past meetings
8) Accounting and Finance: See #5
9) Additional security measures: Discussed tag readers and cameras and signs. Charles Flaxman to call Testa Signs to get a quote for 7 signs 24” X24”.
10) New business: None
11) Motion to adjourn Charles Flaxman, second by Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Next Board meeting Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 6:00pm at Oak Lake
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm