Minutes of the
EMERALD HILLS SAFETY ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
December 4, 2018 6:00PM-8:00PM
Oak Lake Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 PM
1) ROLL CALL – Board members present were:
Andrew Cagnetta On phone for 15 minutes. Then in person.
Sandra Veszi Einhorn
Other people – Karen Lieberman, Attorney. Anthony Gomez Hollywood Police
Jonathan Garber – Flying Chimp
There were no members of the public present.
2) Motion of minutes of November 6th, approved.
3) Discussion of operations. $1 an hour owed the city for insurance. Gomez provided invoices. Form 1 in for everyone.
4) Insurance Update- Flaxman – Insurance policy to be emailed.
5) Communications– Discussed website accessibility. Jonathan Garber from Flying Chimp was in attendance. Discussed the contract in depth for their services. Sandra researched over 6 companies. Other than Flying Chimp, no other company had the capacity to make the website accessible. Motion to accept the contract of $1,500.00 made by Flaxman. Posner second. 4 in favor, one nay. Lieberman warned about liability assumed in the contract,
6) Budget and Financials- Tabled till Cagnetta arrived. IOG called Cagnetta and was satisfied with our report that we have moved forward with Hollywood PD and not private security. Talked about mechanisms for collections. Tabled discussion. Talked about getting funds wired from county. County needs wire instructions. Made a motion to sign the document for instructions for the county to wire the money. Flaxman made the motion, Einhorn seconded the motion. All in favor. Motion to have Lieberman prepare a resolution to give notice of arrears. Einhorn made motion, Posner second. All in favor.
7) Discussion of the Patrol – Officer Anthony Gomez reporting some of the issues they see out in the neighborhood. Also said they are covering most of the hours. Holidays are tough. The like to hear when people are going out of town.
8) Elect officers – Slate presented Posner– Chair, Einhorn– VP, Flaxman- Secretary, Cagnetta – Treasurer Einhorn made motion. Posner second. All in favor.
9) Security equipment. Kotrady- Investigated options. Six cameras for license readers. Will invite the company next month.
10) No public present –
11) Adjourn – The meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM. Next meeting January 8th Tuesday Oak Lake Community Center.